Wednesday, February 01, 2023
The academic program of the 6th WCRPL Prof. Bashiri Asher, president
Prof. Mala Arora, Co-Chair
Prof. Moty Pansky, Co-Chair Endoscopy
and Welcome Cocktail in the Volti Hall (lobby floor) at the Shangri-La Hotel
Thursday, February 02, 2023
OPENING SESSION | A
Chair: Prof. Bashiri Asher, Prof. Mala Arora
- Prof. Bashiri Asher, Israel: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, What’s new in the revised ESHRE guidelines for RPL, 2022?
- Prof. Mala Arora, India: Evolving Etiological trends in RPL over the last century
- Prof. Henriette Svarre Nielsen, Denmark: Is RPL still a diagnosis in 2030?
- Prof. Joanne Y.H. Kwak-Kim, U.S.A: Vitamin D in RPL-why is it important?
- Prof. William Buckett, Canada: Should RIF be manage as RPL, the new Canadian guidelines 2022.
- Prof. S.Shantha Kumari, DNB, FICOG, FRCPI (Ireland) FRCOG (UK): Guest of Honour
NEW FRONTIERS IN RESEARCH SESSION I (PARALLEL) | B 1
Chair: Prof. Henriette Svarre Nielsen, Prof. S.Shantha Kumari
- Dr. Chow Seng, England: Endometrial Dyshomeostasis in recurrent miscarriage
- Dr. Shinobu Goto, Japan: The decidua in unexplained RPL
- Dr. Kilian Vomstein, Denmark: Introduction to the microbiome and why that is interesting in RPL
- Prof. Baris Ata, Turkey, UAE: Does IVF for unexplained RPL, improve outcome?
- Dr. Nicolas Plachta, USA-Cell live imaging of early embryo development
ENDOSCOPY SESSION I (PARALLEL) | B2
Chair: Prof. Moty Pansky, Prof. Attilio Di Spiezio Sardo
- Prof. Attilio Di Spiezio Sardo, Italy: The role of endoscopy in evaluation and treatment of RPL
- Prof. Moty Pansky, Israel: Under vision termination of early miscarriage
- Acquired Uterine Pathologies – Are They Associated with Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
a. Prof. Attilio Di Spiezio Sardo, Italy: Dysmorphic uterus
b. Dr. Veerapol Khemarangsan, Thailand: Chronic endometritis
c. Prof. Vasilous Tanos, Cyprus: Cesarean section niche
d. Prof. Arsen Gvenetadze, Georgia: Polyps and fibroids
Debate – Prophylactic Metroplasty for Uterine Septum
Moderator: Prof. Attilio Di Spiezio Sardo, Italy
Dr. Ichnandy Arief Rachman, Indonesia: Yes
Dr. Veerapol Khemarangsan, Thailand : No
IMPORTANT CLINICAL QUESTIONS, SESSION I | C1
Chair: Dr. William Bucket, Prof. Baris Ata
- Prof. Asher Bashiri, Israel: What is the place of surrogacy in RPL: when to refer?
- Dr. Mirudhubashini Govindarajan, India: Chronic Endometritis
- Dr. William Buckett, Canada: Are IVF patients at increased risk for RPL?
- Prof. Baris Ata, Turkey, UAE: Diminished ovarian reserve and RPL.
- Prof Henriette Svarre Nielsen, Denmark: Presentation of The Copenhagen Pregnancy Loss Study (COPL)
IMPORTANT CLINICAL QUESTIONS, SESSION II | C2
Chair: Dr. Sofie Bliddal, Prof. Lee Shulman
- Dr. Adrianes Bachnas, Indonesia: The potential role of stem cells therapy as a future modality for recurrent pregnancy loss treatment.
- Dr. Sofie Bliddal, Denmark: Anti-Mullerian Hormone and live birth in recurrent pregnancy loss
- Prof. Lee Shulman, U.S.A: What is the role of hydroxychloroquine (plaquenil) in RPL treatment.
- Dr. Hagit Daum, Israel: The monogenic missing link in RPL investigation – NGS and molecular tests
- Dr. Shlomi Barak, Israel: Should we screen for DFI? Should we treat?
ABSTRACT PRESENTATIONS (OPTIONAL PARALLEL SESSION D)
Chair: Prof. Asher Bashiri, Prof. Henriette Svarre Nielsen
Prof. Asher Bashiri, Dr. Gabi Galperin, Dr. Atif Zeadna, Dr. Tamar Wainstock
Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel.
Pregnancy Outcomes among Patients with Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL) and Dydrogesterone Treatment.
Prof. Carlo Ticconi, Prof. Nicoletta Di Simone: Outcome of pregnancy in women with RPL: a prospective controlled study
- Dr. Hazuki Tamada, Dr. Takeshi Ebara, Dr. Yuki Ito, Michihiro Kamijima, Prof. Mayumi Sugiura-Ogasawara: Ready-Meal Consumption during Pregnancy and Birth Outcomes: The Japan Environment and Children’s Study
- Ms. Gal Zalel, Dr. Tamar Wainstock, Prof. Asher Bashiri: Outcome among patients with recurrent pregnancy loss and Overweight or Obesity
- Dr. Kathrine Hviid, Dr. Sofie Bliddal, Dr. Maria Christine Kro, Dr. Astrid Marie Kolte, Prof. Henriette Svarre Nielsen: Smoking and recurrent pregnancy loss: A cohort study of 2,829 wom-en
- Ms. Jiaxuan Xu, Dr. Chee Wai Ku, Ms. Rehena Ganguly, Ms. Sing Yee Clara Eng, Prof. Thiam Chye Tan: Association of maternal serum progesterone in early pregnancy with gestational diabetes for women with threatened miscarriage: a prospective cohort study
- Dr. Marie-Louise Bertelsen, Dr.Pia Egerup, Dr. Amalie Dyhrberg Boje, Mr. Simon Grund Sørensen, Prof. Henriette Svarre Nielsen: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss and Metabolic Biomarkers
- Dr. Kilian Vomstein, Dr. Pia Egerup, Dr. Astrid Kolte, Dr. Nina La Cour Freiesleben, Prof. Henriette Svarre Nielsen: Biopsy-free profiling of the uterine immune system in patients with recurrent pregnancy loss and unexplained infertility
Closed Day 1
Friday, February 03, 2023
ENDOSCOPY SESSION II (PARALLEL) | E1
Chair: Prof. Vasilious Tanos, Dr. Cela Vito
- Prof. Vasilious Tanos, Cyprus: The uterine septum – When and how to correct?
- Dr. Cela Vito, Italy: Dysmorphic Uterus –”The new kid on the block”- Myth or reality?
- Dr. Ichnandy Arief Rachman, Indonesia: Recurrent Asherman Syndrome- When is the time to stop treatments?
- Prof. Moty Pansky, Israel: Intrauterine adhesions – the role of prevention
- Expert panel – Case discussion
Moderator: Prof. Moty Pansky, Israel
Experts: Prof. Attilio Di Spiezio Sardo, Italy
Prof. Vasilious Tanos, Cyprus
Dr. Ichnandy Arief Rachman, Indonesia
Dr. Veerapol Khemarangsan, Thailand
08:00 - 10:30
IMAGING IN RPL SESSION (PARALLEL) | E2
Chair: Dr. Wiku Andonotopo, Dr. Adrianes Bachnas
- Dr. Wiku Andonotopo, Indonesia: Mullerian anomalies -embryology, classifications and 3D ultrasound imaging
- Prof. Arsen Gvenatatze, Georgia: 3D Ultrasound measurements of separated uterus, hysteroscopic septectomy and 3D ultrasound post septectomy in RPL patients: our clinical experience and summary of 60 cases.
- Dr. Haywood L. Brown, U.S.A: Early pregnancy US
- Prof. Yaron Zalel, Israel: Fetal anomalies in the first trimester
- Dr. Wiku Andonotopo, Indonesia : Anatomical problems related to pregnancy loss: polyps, myomas, and others.
10:30 - 11:00
INDUSTRY SESSION BY ABBOTT | F
Chair: Prof. Asher Bashiri
Abbott symposium: Where life matters: A high-risk pregnancy in the practice of an obstetrician
Q & A
CASE PRESENTATIONS | G
Chair : Prof. Henriette Svarre Nielsen, Prof. Mala Arora
- Prof. Asher Bashiri, Israel
- Prof. Henriette Svarre Nielsen, Denmark
- Prof. Mala Arora, India
- Dr. Kilian Vomstein, Denmark
- Dr. Hiroyuki Yoshihara, Japan
- Prof. William Bucket, Canada
IMPORTANT CLINICAL QUESTIONS SESSION III (PARALLEL) | H1
Chair: Prof. Tan Thiam Chye, Prof. Joanne Y.H. Kwak-Kim
- Prof. Bashiri Asher, Israel: Does LMWH improve pregnancy outcome among patients with RPL?
- Prof. Tan Thiam Chye, Singapore: Progesterone treatment in Threatened Miscarriage. Truth or Myth for the Clinician
- Prof. Joanne Y.H. Kwak-Kim, U.S.A: Thyroid, thyroid autoimmunity and RPL, when to screen and when to treat?
- Prof. William Buckett, Canada: A Male Psychological Perspective in RPL. What Do We Know So Far?
IMPORTANT CLINICAL QUESTIONS SESSION IV (PARALLEL) | H2
Chair: Dr. Sofie Bliddal, Dr. Nayana Patel
- Dr. Sofie Bliddal, Denmark: The role of thyroid function and autoimmunity in recurrent pregnancy loss
- Dr. Nayana Patel, India: The role of regenerative medicine in RPL.
- Dr. Wiku Andonotopo, Indonesia: 3D power Doppler in the evaluation of maternal and placental circulation and the risk for RPL.
- Dr. Neelanjana Mukhopadhaya, England: Uterine Anomalies in RPL
- Dr. Adrianes Bachnas, Indonesia: How to optimize doppler vascular ultrasound in evaluating pregnancy with history of recurrent pregnancy loss
ABSTRACT PRESENTATIONS SESSION II | I
Chair: Prof. Joanne Y.H. Kwak-Kim, Prof. Mala Arora
- Dr. Sarah Linthwaite, Dr. Lachlan Moldenhauer, Dr. Catherine McCormack, Dr. Sui Yu, Prof. Louise Hull: Genetic diagnosis after medical and surgical management of miscarriage: a comparison of karyotyping and microarray methods
- Dr. Catherine McCormack, Prof. Mary Hull – Recurrent miscarriage patients with pre-pregnancy hyperinsulinemia have an increased risk of gestational diabetes in subsequent pregnancy, whether increased at fasting, and/or 2 hour GTT.
- Dr. Josefine Reinhardt, Nielsen, Prof. Henriette Svarre Nielsen, Dr.Astrid Marie Kolte, Dr.Sofie Bliddal, Dr.Maria Christine Krog – Risk factors in 2483 patients with recurrent pregnancy loss and associated chance of live birth
- Ms. Emma Sinkbaek Juuel, Dr.Tanja Schlaikjær Hartwig, Prof.Henriette Svarre Nielsen – CffDNA-based testing for fetal diagnosis in pregnancy loss when blood is sampled after evacuation
- Mrs. Tine Wrønding, Dr.Kilian Vomstein, Ms.Elleke Bosma, Mr.Levin DeLong, Prof. Henriette Svarre Nielsen – First-in-human vaginal microbiota transplant without antibiotics: Engraftment of donor vaginal lactobacilli in a woman with a history of RPL and vaginal dysbiosis.
- Dr. Catherine McCormack, Prof.Mary Hull – Vitamin D deficiency, hyperinsulinemia and gestational diabetes mellitus in recurrent miscarriage patients.
Dr. Eri Takeda, Prof. MayumiSugiura-Ogasawara, Dr. Shinobu Goto, Dr.Hiroyuki Yoshihara, Dr.Takeshi Sato: Attitudes toward preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy among patients with recurrent pregnancy loss in Japan
Closed Day 2
Saturday, February 04, 2023
HYBRID SESSION (PARALLEL) | J1
Chair: Dr. Haywood L. Brown
- Dr. William Kutte, The role of genetic testing in the treatment of patients with RPL.
- Prof. Harvey J. Kliman, U.S.A: How and what to look at placenta/product of conception of RPL patients.
- Dr. Inmaculada Moreno, Spain: Endometrial microbiota composition is associated with reproductive outcome in infertile patients
- Dr. Carmina Bermejo López, Spain: 3DUS for the diagnosis of Mullerian anomalies. How to do it?
- Dr. Elias M. Dahduch, Canada: Reproductive Outcomes of Embryo and Fetal Mosaicism
08:00 - 10:30
NEW RESEARCH SESSION II (PARALLEL) | J2
Chair: Prof. Mayumi Sugiura-Ogasawara, Dr. Nayna Patel
- Dr. Kilen Vomstein, Denmark: The linkage between microbiome and the immune system
- Dr. Hiroyuki Yoshihara, Japan: ANA significance in RPL
- Dr. BW, Chow, Seng, England: nK cell deregulation in recurrent miscarriage
- Dr. Yosuke Matsumoto: Epigenetics mechanism in RPL
- Dr. Nayna Patel, India: Stem cell based therapy in endometrial regeneration
PREGNANCY COMPLICATIONS SESSION I | K1
Chair: Prof. Tan Thiam Chye
- Prof. Mayumi Sugiura-Ogasawara, Japan: Pregnancy outcomes among women with RPL
- Prof. Tan Thiam Chye, Singapore: Thrombophilia, RPL and thromboembolism in pregnancy
- Dr. Haywood L. Brown, U.S.A: Cervical os incompetence
- Dr. Cela Vito, Italy: Microbiome and RPL – The practical point of View
CASE PRESENTATIONS–PARALLEL SESSION | K2
Chair: Dr. Shlomi Brak, Prof. Joanne Y.H. Kwak-Kim
- Prof. Joanne Y.H. Kwak-Kim, U.S.A.
- Dr. Shlomi Brak, Israel
- Dr. Asaf Zaga, Israel
- Dr. Adriana Bachnash, Indonesis: Controversy using intermittent enoxaparin or daily for antiphospholipid syndrome management.
13:30 - 15:00
IMPORTANT CLINICAL QUESTIONS SESSION | L
Chair: Prof. Bashiri Asher, Prof. Mala Arora
- Dr. Scarpelini Fabio, Italy: GM-CSF in RIF, G-CSF in RPL: Why, when and how?
- Dr. Durga Rao, India- Role of PGT in RPL
- Prof. Mala Arora, India: Summary and current Evidence for the treatment options available in RPL
- Prof. Bashiri Asher, Israel: The psychological and emotional aspect of RPL couples.
Israel Medical Association - CME Credits
The Israel Medical Association’s Scientific Council approved the 6th World Congress on Recurrent Pregnancy Loss as CME ( Continuing Medical Education) 2-4 February 2023.
Participants can be credited 10 points for each day up to 30 points for the congress.
Speakers can be credited 5 points for a lecture.
The participants need to present minimum at 80% of the lectures.
Please note that Israel Medical Association credit points may not be valid in your country.